Last Will and testaments are powerful and necessary documents. These afford the testator the ability to distribute his Estate as desired, determine heirs, appoint guardian for dependants/ minors and bequeath valuable assets and name executors and beneficiaries among others. A Will enables the Testator to exercise control over assets upon his demise.
As a Corporate Trustee, we have the expertise in handling Wills Administration to the satisfaction and benefit of all the stakeholders.
Our role includes;
- Drafting and vetting of Wills. We ensure that the intentions of the Testator are captured in the Will, distributing the assets to the beneficiaries efficiently, in line with the intentions of the Testator.
- Registering the Will at the appropriate Probate registry.
- Keeping custody of the counterpart of the Will and other documents.
- Giving notice of the existence of the Will to persons and or organisation(s) suggested by the Testator.
- Making arrangements for the reading of the Will at the appropriate time.
- Obtaining Grant of Probate to facilitate distribution of the estate.
- Gathering the Estate and administering same as intended by the Testator.
- Distributing the assets to beneficiaries efficiently and in accordance with the Will upon demise of the Testator.
- Ensuring that the conditions on how and when assets should be distributed is strictly adhered to.
- Investing the assets/funds as intended by the Testator.
- Rendering periodic reports to the Probate Registrar, Co-Executors (if any) and beneficiaries or as requested.
- Any other incidental matters.