Last Will and testaments are powerful and necessary documents. These afford the testator the ability to distribute his Estate as desired, determine heirs, appoint guardian for dependants/ minors and bequeath valuable assets and name executors and beneficiaries among others. A Will enables the Testator to exercise control over assets upon his demise.
As a Corporate Trustee, we have the expertise in handling Wills Administration to the satisfaction and benefit of all the stakeholders.
Our role includes;
- We ensure that the intentions of the Testator are captured in the Will, distributing the assets to the beneficiaries efficiently, in line with the intentions of the Testator.
- We ensure the Will is lodged at the Probate registry.
- Keeping custody of the counterpart of the Will and other documents.
- Giving notice of the existence of the Will to persons and or organisation(s) suggested by the Testator.
- Making arrangements for the reading of the Will at the appropriate time.
- We ensure Grant of Probate is obtained to facilitate distribution of the estate.
- Gathering the Estate and administering same as intended by the Testator.
- Distributing the assets to beneficiaries efficiently and in accordance with the Will upon demise of the Testator.
- Ensuring that the conditions on how and when assets should be distributed is strictly adhered to.
- Investing the assets/funds as intended by the Testator.
- Rendering periodic reports to the Probate Registrar, Co-Executors (if any) and beneficiaries or as requested.
- Any other incidental matters.